Thursday, April 18, 2013

Progress Report

This is Casey and I just wanted to update any readers of this blog on some upcoming details concerning this project. Hopefully by Saturday, Taylor will have posted a write up of my interview with CU campus spokesperson Bronson Hilliard. Also, this Saturday we will be going around campus, the hill and Pearl Street asking guards, students and various others what they think about how CU is handling the event which will also be on our blog shortly.

There is also going to be a website associated with this blog that I am supposed to be designing, but haven't had a chance to start what with my hectic schedule these past two weeks. I'd like for us to be able to get the site up and running in time for this Saturday much like Taylor assures me he's doing with this blog, but at this point it's not a realistic possibility. 

This is largely because most of the content that will be going on the site will be gathered on Saturday. In addition to recording whatever interviews we can get, we are also planning to take pictures of the campus, hill and Pearl St. and post them on the site just so viewers can get a sense of how different their perceptions are from what actually happens here on this day.

Also, we will have links to all the news stories about 4/20/2013 we found, a link to this very blog as well as audio (and possibly video clips) of the interviews we have conducted. So far, I have audio only clips of two interviews I conducted over the phone. Taylor and I both arranged for the interviews to take place, but due to our conflicting schedules I was the only one who was able to conduct them. 

So, that's pretty much what you can expect from us in the coming weeks. We will have the site up and running some time by May. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment